Let Food Be Thy Medicine, and Thy Medicine Be Thy Food
Our mission is to restore you to optimal metabolic health, so you can live a long and healthy life, fulfilling your dreams and passions.
Weight loss is not easy, and there is no one-size-fits all intervention that works for everyone. We seek to shed light on each person's struggles, whether they are due to diet, hormones, stress, sleep or culture.
We screen for and treat a wide range of weight-related metabolic disorders. This includes overweight, obesity, prediabetes, diabetes, high blood pressure, high triglycerides, polycystic ovarian syndrome and fatty liver.
Continuous Glucose Monitoring
What is the effect of food, exercise, sleep or stress on your blood sugars? Get to know your blood sugars through continuous glucose monitoring.
Why Menlo Weight Loss?
- See a doctor directly who prioritizes nutrition and food, familiar with low carb nutrition and fasting over medicines.
- Screen for insulin resistance, not just diabetes, without doing oral glucose tolerance test or insulin clamp.
- Measure and monitor your body composition over time. Get your body fat percentage and monitor lean muscle mass and fat mass, not just weight, without radiation.
- Screen for sarcopenia
- Discuss risks and benefits of various medications for obesity.
- Get your blood sugar monitored continuously.
- Get a micro biome collection kit.
- Get advanced lipid testing.
- Get teaching regarding ketogenic nutrition and intermittent fasting directly from a physician who practices it.
- Review your medications with a physician for medicines that cause weight gain.
- Screen for hormonal imbalances which maybe contributing to weight gain.
- Get labs to monitor your progress as you lose weight.
- Review your habits with a physician.
- Get an body composition analysis to look at lean muscle mass and fat mass, without radiation.
- Get ketone measurements.
- Monitor your inflammatory markers.
Menlo Weight Loss takes into account the effect of food on hormones (insulin, in particular) that stimulate fat storage and weight gain. So, our philosophy centers around nutritional ("food as medicine"), lifestyle, and medical strategies that aim to lower insulin and lose body fat. These strategies include:
- personalized intermittent fasting protocols
- eating whole, natural, non-processed foods; eating healthy fats
- avoiding sugar, starches and grains
Dr. Lam provides contextual medical advice regarding pre-existing conditions, laboratory testing and medications. Under his medical supervision, the goal is reducing body fat and reversing diabetes, while getting off prescription medications.
"My mission is to restore you to optimal metabolic health, so you can live a long and healthy life, fulfilling your dreams and passions."
If you're interested in only getting a body scan, please click here.